Friday, August 22, 2008

Hats off to the Intel Team!

You know, not everyone can pull off the 'hat look'. But with the right sized hat, Zoe displays the many shades of her personality. So I thought I'd include some of my hat fav's with her and say "Hats off!" (or maybe I should say "Hats on!") to Zoe's Intelligence Team. (And hats off to cousin Carol who picked yet another winning fashion accessory for Zoe below!)

Every time an Intel package arrives - and they're easy to spot - I jump for joy. These cards are not only creative and build Zoe's intelligence, when I see them, I see a big clock on every envelope - because each pack of pictures gives me several hours back of my life, which I can redirect to the million other things I need to do or just enjoy a little time with Jeff and Zoe. Zoe sees fun pictures - I see a slice of my life I just got handed back to me. I'm not kidding you when I say it brings tears to my eyes. Time is our most precious commodity around here.

I've also decided after we've received 10 sets of cards from an Intel Agent (or Intel Team), we'd like to recognize your contribution in a special way. I'm not sure how yet, but it's in my mind... and I'm keeping score.
Special thanks to our current top Intel producers:
Nancy and Brigit - 2 sets in one delivery! Rock stars!
Dan and Steph - Steph, Olympic Gold, you always set the bar - Dan we know you're riding Steph's coattails
Andrea and Chuck - Bravo! Chuck - we know Andrea does all the work but we really appreciate you for marrying such an amazing woman.... for us.

More thanks to our other card producers; Patti, Juji, Kelly, cousin Dale (your secret is safe with us) and "Team Joanne" - keep up the good work!
A note about Team Joanne - Jeff's Mom has assembled her own team of people who have committed to making these cards. Wow! I field many questions from this team of Intelligence Agents but their verve is impressive and unquestionable.

So far, Zoe has already seen about 300 cards - and she grades them all on her own sliding scale of interest and attention.

I was so proud of myself when I completed a set of cards "Ball Games" and it had pictures that represented different sports; bocce, football, tennis, soccer, bowling, etc. Even with enthusiastic presentation they received mild yawns which later turned to expressions of annoyance and finally a complete refusal to look at the cards. I asked her, didn't she think "ball games" was interesting? And I held up 2 cards for her to point to her answer (Yes or No). The answer was brutally emphatic, "No! No! No!" Ouch.

Anyway, Team Joanne's first set of cards arrived the other day, "Famous Hispanic People" and I thought to myself, who the heck came up with that idea? The next day, Jeff informs me Zoe LOVES the set. Every time he whips them out she smiles and laughs. Gold star awarded by Judge Z. Keep 'em coming - I guess you know more than I of her preferences!

This week's winning card set:


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

We are happy to help :) Look for the next installment of US Presidents (#11-20) coming soon!

Anonymous said...

Thats my girl... loving foreign men!!! LOL Miss you all but so feel like I am a part of the daily activities and hurdles that she is jumping over and over coming!!! YEAH ZOE and even more so to MOMMY & Daddy for all the hard work and time invested!!!

Ruth said...

What a doll! She is so cute.